Friday, March 20, 2009

First day of Spring!

After getting up from their naps today, the boys decided they wanted to go for a walk. That means... Rob and I get to walk, while Jack scooters and Brayden rides his bike. We walked to the school by our house (where the boys will both be going to school next year - Jack in kindergarten, Brayden in preschool) and played on the preschool playground. Brayden was pretending to be the ice cream man and taking orders for strawberry ice cream (apparently that's the only kind he had) from Rob and I. Then low and behold, in the neighborhood next to the school we heard an ice cream truck! The boys watched from the fence for the ice cream truck until it came into view. When we didn't buy them ice cream, they decided it was time to head back home. Still, it was a fitting event for the first day of spring!

We also had a playdate at Wash Park with Mollie and Madeline earlier in the day. The kids all seemed to have a good time, Mollie and I had a nice chat as always, and I also ran into one of my old college roommates who I don't think I'd seen since college - crazy! I took pictures while at the park too... but didn't get anything very exciting. I don't feel I'm having very good luck behind the camera this week.

No comments: