Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Catching up part 2... baseball and candy crafts

I'm cheating this week. Well, last week. I did not get any pictures on Sunday. Well I did, but they are just so not that great at all. Our Sunday got a little hectic when our neighborhood was basically under a tornado watch when a funnel cloud was spotted just a few blocks from us. It did not touch down as near to us as it was spotted, but it did do some major damage at the mall not far from our house (5-10 min drive). Because of the weather, we opted to stay home from the birthday party we were supposed to attend that afternoon (our godson Kadin, my best friend's son). I had intended to get a picture at that party... alas, I did not. And the pictures I took at the baby shower earlier in the day did not turn out very well. So there you have it. I'm going to cheat. Two pictures from Saturday. So sue me. :)

Saturday morning was Jack's first baseball practice. We're signed up for a summer kinder-league, 4-6 year olds. Jack has been sooooooo excited. His best bud Jaxon (and his sister Ashlee) is on the team too, as are 20 other kiddos. It was pretty much chaos, a lot of little kids having a hard time following directions... but mostly it was a lot of fun! Jack had a great time. When I asked him what his favorite part was, he said batting. So in honor of his favorite part, here's Jack up to bat. Check out that follow through!!! :)

Later in the day Saturday we had an open house potluck BBQ at our house to celebrate Rob's graduation with our families (and a couple of close friends). A few weeks back I saw someone post a link to a recipe on their facebook page for these adorable little graduation caps made of reese's peanut butter cups and square chocolates. She was going to make them for her son's preschool graduation. Well I just had to make them too! They turned out super cute, and were super yummy too! I'd like to say they were super easy to make... well let's just say, the steps were easy, but it was a time-consuming process. So worth it though. I wish I had better backdrops for photographing this kind of thing... and that my up close photos of these bad boys turned out better! A side note - our little party was great! We enjoyed spending time with everyone, playing with all the kiddos, and eating yummy food! And of course celebrating Rob's graduation and his birthday! :)

No comments: