Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Maybe on Monday"

On the drive to school this morning I asked Jack, "Can I take a picture of you at school today?" His response? "Maybe on Monday." Ummm... okay. So now what? My whole plan here is to document school for the next two weeks. So I snap a photo of the stoplight we are stopped at - just in case. After all, we get stopped at this same light EVERY DAY, it's a part of our lives. We can't forget those snowy winter days when the sensor doesn't work right and we get stranded at that light for multiple changes when the green arrow just never comes. "Why is it broken Mommy?" "Uhhh... I don't know... so I guess we're going to run it!" Yeah, we have a relationship with this light.

But alas, I managed to sneak a few pictures on our way into the classroom, and then snagged one IN the classroom. If Jack knew I took this, he'd probably be mad. One of the teachers asked me what was the "deal" with this camera I am carrying around. What - do no other parents take pictures? I tried to explain but she didn't "get" it. (Specifically the project 365 part). Anyway. Every morning as part of their routine of settling into the classroom, the kids trace their name on a laminated piece of paper. Practicing handwriting is an important part of the preschool curriculum, especially for those kiddos who will be in kindergarten next year. Here is Jack tracing his name. There's a spot under the name to try and write it freehand (no tracing!) too, and Jack has gotten very good at that part. His writing has definitely improved over the course of this preschool year!

No comments: