Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

First I want to wish all those Mother's in my life - my mom, mother-in-law, grandmother, aunts, sisters-in-law, and dear friends - a wonderful Mother's Day. I hope it was a great day for all of you, and you got all the spoiling you deserve! :)
Mother's Day celebrations started for us on Saturday morning, when we went to my mom's house for brunch with my little family, one of my brothers and his family, and of course my mom. It was the most food I have seen for five adults and three kids in a LOOONG time. It was absolutely delicious, and I have no idea why we don't do brunches more often! The kids all ate, then we sent them outside to play (or rather, they excused themselves to play outside!), then us grown-ups got to sit down and eat in relative peace, too. We felt stuffed ALL DAY. The kids all had a great time too. Miss Kate was a doll as always... and the one word that still always comes to mind when I see her is DIVA! After she gets over a little bit of initial shyness, that girl does not mind being the center of attention one bit! As we were getting ready to leave, she was showing us her gymnastics moves, then got ahold of my sunglasses and was happy to pose for me while wearing them. Isn't she just a riot!?

Today we celebrated Mother's day with our little family. One thing I really wanted for Mother's day was not to have to run all over town for various different get togethers... but to spend time with my three special guys! So my day started with a much needed sleep-in. :) I was awakened at 9am by two excited little boys with breakfast in bed, cards and presents. The boys each made me a card, and I got two new Willow Tree figurines to add to my collection, including this one from the boys. It's called "Heart of Gold" and the phrase attached to it is "you will always have my heart." Very appropriate for a Mommy whose heart belongs to two very special little guys. Our day also included lunch at Olive Garden (yum!), a lot of lazing around the house, and soon some take-home dessert - our favorite white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. I've been sadly feeling a little under the weather today so I've been a little frumpy for Mother's day of all days... but that doesn't mean the day was made any less special by my three awesome boys. I'll be sad to be back to the grind tomorrow!

No comments: