Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February 17

As a result of watching the Disney Channel almost every morning, Jack has been introduced to - and become a fan of - The Jonas Brothers. He's also recently become a fan of Ellen... because that's usually what I'm watching on TV when he gets up from his quiet time in the afternoon. Well yesterday he sees an ad on Ellen that who is going to be on the show tomorrow? Why the Jonas Brothers of course. He is SOOO excited. He says to me, "Mommy, I can't WAIT to see the Jonas Brothers tomorrow on Ellen!" I just laughed, and laughed! Then he kept talking about it today. Well we had a very active morning so Jack crashed during his quiet time today. I had to wake him up, and when I did, the first thing he said was, "Is it 3? Are the Jonas Brothers on Ellen now?" He actually missed the live showing... but I DVR-ed it for him. I'm not sure if it was all he was hoping for, but he did pretend to be one of the Jonas Brothers the rest of the day. (He made me look up their names on the internet). I wanted to capture a picture of his excitment, but he didn't want me to take his picture. Still, I was able to sneak up on him... half of his face is covered with his blankie, but you can still see that smile in his eyes.

2 comments:

carrielyns said...

What a great story! I don't know what it is about these Disney kids (or the commercials that promote them) but even Ella is a bit caught up in Hannah Montana and High School Musical (neither of which she has ever watched but the commercials have certainly sucked her in). This might be good "embarrassing" info to have on Jack for later use!

Danielle Roe said...

Oh it is SOOO future blackmail material. I need to get it on video! Jack likes Hannah Montana too... via the commercials. So funny.