Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Bubbles... and roasted pecans???

Last night Rob grilled pork chops for dinner. While Rob worked the grill, the boys played outside. More specifically, the boys blew bubbles... always a favorite outdoor activity. Bubble blowing is probably one of my favorite things to take pictures of - they make the cutest faces and it's so fun to see the bubbles form in kind of slow motion! And in other news, both of the boys actually TRIED the pork chops without fuss... Jack ate quite a bit and enjoyed it and well, Brayden tried it without spitting it out. So that's pretty good!

Last Friday at Castara's, she made us a delicious salad for lunch, which she has been eating quite a lot lately. Well I can see why... I've been craving it ever since! It was your standard lettuce, with goat cheese, chicken, craisins, and roasted pecans, with a creamy balsamic vinegarette dressing. Mmmmmmm!!! I've been waiting for my chance to get to the store to get my supplies to make my own! Tonight, that meant roasting my own pecans. I'm not usually one for cooking much at all - it's not my favorite thing. But I have been inspired by this yummy salad! I'm not sure how well my roasted pecans turned out, but they look and smell good, and I hope they taste good on my salad tomorrow!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Danielle,

Don't make me hunt you down. I can smell your pecans all the way over here. Won't you please (I beg you)share the recipe?